Friday, September 10, 2010

One Interior Mess to Go






 

I decided to start ripping out stuff today .. starting with the cabinet drawers and doors.  Disgusting with a capital D!  Mouse poop, dead bugs, dirt all stared back at me as I struggled to remove rusted screws.  This camper is a total mess and is definitely a "what the hell was I thinking?" kind of a situation.  Of course, the dogs enjoyed all the grossness ... seems new smells are very attractive in an odd sort of way to them. 

Hubby talked about salvaging the cabinets and just refacing them but no way after seeing what I saw.  It stinks!  I did, however, take pictures and put everything in order on the folding table in the garage so the parts can be matched up with the hardware but that must be a guy thing.  Me, I'd just rent a dumpster and toss the whole mess! 

I just keep telling myself "this will be worth it in the end ..." and hopefully by spring I'll have an adorable little camper that I can drag around to all my Sisters on the Fly events.  At least one thing, it will be clean inside .. ha ha!

I plan on replacing everything ... I'd like find a nice 2-burner stove deal that fits into a counter top (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) so I can get rid of the propane stove/oven and I plan to put a dorm size electric fridge where the original fridge is.  I just don't trust the germs that must be lingering in there.

Someone mentioned a gray water tank so I might do that too, put in a smaller fresh water tank and a gray water tank side-by side where the original water tank is located. If I have to pilfer some room from the closet, that's fine.  I don't need that much room. 

First thing though, I think I better buy a box of face masks ... who knows what evil lurks behind the rotted paneled walls!!  I doubt it's a shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment