Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Complete Rebuild

Hubby and I took a closer inspect of the compact and decided we're going to rebuild from the bottom up. After crawling around underneath, even though there is rust I think the frame is solid enough to leave it as it is. We'll find out when we complete tear this thing down. This will also solve the "no title" problem since it will be classified as a home built trailer.

I'm going to redesign the interior too ... the kitchen will remain in front but I'm going to swap out the original fridge with a new dorm size one (or I might try to find an old ice box) and the stove will be removed and a place for a small microwave and a double electric burner will be put there instead. I don't want propane ... I don't like it or trust it in a space that small so not going to even bother with it.

Luckily a neighbor of ours is an electrician so he can wire this for us when we get to that point.

First step is to flip the axle back to where it was originally and then take measurements of everything. I might change the back portion and put the bed against the back wall instead of having 2 long benches with a table in the center. I can use TV trays or put tables on either side wall for use and a 6 foot bed is plenty long for me since I'm not that tall. I'm going to look at various floor plans and design something that works for my use.

Should be interesting to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment